Business can’t be successful if it’s led single-handed. A productive team is required that can work for the shared objectives and goals.
What comes to your mind when you ‘Business Empire’ in mind? For me, it’s an army working together to obtain the objectives of achieving vast wealth and unyielding power.
So, now you need to know, how to create a determined and productive team? So, I am listing down the points of how your employees should be:
- Focus on choices for roles:A perfect selection process should be followed to choose a perfect team for your organization. You have to select the best possible candidates for different roles which bring you to benefit in the long run. Therefore, it’s a good idea to frame down a proper process of recruitment.
You should always invest your time in those candidates that are capable of fulfilling long term goals, specialize in their role, and can make your overall team stronger.
- Each role is important:Every member of your team has some work that he has to accomplish for the organization. Therefore, you should treat each role valuable. Every member is important and so in their work. No employee should have a question in their minds, “What are we doing here?” They should always be involved at work and achieving targets.
If an employee feels that his job is undervalued or unnecessary, he will find himself de-motivated to work and detached from the organization.
- Set targets:The best way to drive an employee to work is to give them certain targets to complete. Setting up targets and goals becomes the foundation to complete a task in a particular period of time. This will help them to organize and manage their time as per the tasks allocated. This will help your employees get a bigger picture of your company and how each task in bits helps you to form an empire.
Before assigning the targets, keep in mind that they should be realistic and achievable. Employees shouldn’t be demotivated by seeing a huge pile of work. The work should be given at the par of the working hours.
- Keep them motivated:Every employee in your organization has to contribute. So, they should be kept motivated to do the tasks which involve their mental and physical labor. As a leader, you should keep them directed to think and process about work.
Above that, you should allow your employees to talk their heart out and share some of their ideas. It’s not always possible, that their ideas or thinking will be less compatible with your venture. Give them a chance to express themselves. In fact, try to redirect their immature thinking. Teach them how they should process different situations that prove to be beneficial for the company’s overall goals.
- Trust your employees:“As an entrepreneur, you have to be OK with failure. If you’re not failing, you’re likely not pushing yourself hard enough.” – Alexa von Tobel
It is difficult for employers to trust their employees. But, trust is vital to encourage them to work well and make the right decisions when faced with some difficult situations.
Also, you need to get through this fact- you may set up some goals or targets but there are points when your employees wouldn’t be able to catch it up. So, what to do in this case? Prepare them to face situations like these. Tell them how a slip of one opportunity can lead to their own loss. If you aren’t able to teach them and aren’t able to trust them- then you aren’t capable to run an empire.
Celebrate your successes and failures: Celebrating the accomplishment of your small projects or goals will bring your entire team together merrily. Also, if someone has done a commendable job, recognize and appreciate it in front of the whole team. This satisfies the self-esteem need of your employees.
If your team members fail, redirect them on how to do accomplish those tasks and put their efforts in something positive.